Feedburner stats
It is motivating to see how all the time spent on the Global Culture blog is paying off. I've been using FeedBurner to deliver my feed, at first hoping that I would be able to isolate the noise caused by the myriad of robots crawling the site. But the stats is what kept me interested.

Up until the end of November subscribers were loyal but few. Then came the nomination for Best Culture Blog on the Weblog Awards. Then at the end of January the Bloggies in the category of Best New Weblog. As if that was not enough, Google fixed a problem with how they were reporting subscribers, which led to the jump seen in February.
However, it is only fair to assume that those who are now subscribed to the blog were at some point visitors to the site, which got me thinking about how to combine these statistics with the analytics of the site to see the real picture. Feedburner is on the right track by providing Site stats, but they are not mixing these two. I'll explain the approach I'm taking to calculate total number of visitors and potential growth expected... In my next post.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home